Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken

The Bet (The Bet, #1)
Publish Date: April 19, 2014
Trade Paperback {p.255}
Genre: New Adult
Series: The Bet #1
Source: Public Library
Kacey, Travis Titus
"I have a proposition for you." Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus's mouth. It's been years since Kacey's seen her childhood friend Jake, but the minute Jake mentions his ill grandmother, Kacey is ready to do anything for the sweet old woman. And if that means pretending they're engaged for her sake-so be it.

But Kacey wasn't counting on Jake's older brother Travis still being there. She calls him "Satan" for a reason: she's never forgotten the way he teased and taunted her. Yet when they meet again, Travis's gorgeous smile is a direct hit to her heart . . . and Kacey's more confused than ever. As the days pass, only one thing starts to become alarmingly clear-she never should have accepted Jake's deal...
This was an entertaining read for me. I started laughing from page one and never stopped.

I truly enjoyed both Travis and Kacey. I loved how they interacted with each other. Their chemistry was amazing. I just ate up all their scenes together. Not only did I love these two, but Travis and Jake's grandmother. What a hoot. She sure kept everyone on their toes.

As far as characters I did not like, that would go to Jake, the other Titus brother. Which is disappointing because his book is next in the series, but I have no desire whatsoever to read more of him. He was a complete a**hole throughout the book and come to find out he was one as a child as well. I personally don't feel that there are any redeeming qualities for Jake.

Overall I loved this book, minus Jake. I want to keep going with the series because I loved Kacey, Travis and Grandma Nadine. If they don't have to be read in order to grasp the story, I may just skip to book three in the series.

1 comments:

Blogger said...[Reply]

As stated by Stanford Medical, It is really the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

(And really, it is not related to genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to "how" they eat.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Tap this link to find out if this short test can help you release your real weight loss potential

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...