Friday, April 9, 2010

Review: No Chance by Christy Reece

Title: No Chance (Chance, Book #1)
Author: Christy Reece
Published: February 2010
Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
Format: Audio Book
Source: Public Library
Characters: Gabe Maddox, Skylar James
My Rating:

Synopsis:
DO OR DIE Skylar James told a lie to the man she married, and eight years later she still bitterly regrets the deception. Unknown to Skylar, her husband, Gabe Maddox, now lives in the dangerous shadows of elite operatives who rescue victims. When Skylar tries to save a naive young beauty, kidnappers come after her. For Gabe, Skylar had been his last shot at trust and love. But news of her disappearance battens down his anger and launches him into action. Saving Skylar is Gabe’s only chance for peace and his last chance for happiness.

This is my very first Christy Reece novel. I’m not saying it will be my last, but I’m not running out to buy the next one fresh off the presses. First off I didn’t like how quickly Gabe and Skylar met, fell in love, and got married. I also didn’t really care for the way Skylar came across. She was a bit too naive and not as strong as I would have liked. You always find books with alpha males, but very few books with females with the same grit to equal her male counterpart. Skylar most definitely did not meet those qualifications. The rest of the story was more interesting to me than the relationship between Gabe and Skylar. I tended to find myself more interested in what was going on with Kendra and the human trafficking aspect of the novel. I did take a liking to Cole as well as McKenna, so I’ll tune in for their stories; but I’ll be getting those from the local library and not buying. This book is more for reading passing it along or checking out at your local library, not a candidate for your “keeper shelf.”
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...