Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Review: All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins

Title: All I Ever Wanted
Author: Kristan Higgins
Published: July 27, 2010
Publisher: HQN Books
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 409
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Calliope Grey, Ian McFarland
My Rating:

Synopsis

One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair…

and no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home.

Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals…. So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor….

Absolutely loved it!! I laughed, I cried; it was funny, it was sad. I haven't enjoyed a Higgins novel this much since Too Good to Be True, which is the first book I ever read by Higgins and have been reading her ever since. I fell in love with Callie and Ian, and found myself rooting for them throughout. The entire Grey family was great. Noah, Callie's grandfather, is funny, lovable, and a absolute dream of a grandfather. Her parents are divorced, although her father is trying to win back her mother, and her sister Hester is a total riot.

Callie thought she was in love with Mark, but it turned out to be more of a junior high crush that lasted until adulthood. She met Ian, her true love, when she was at her all time worst and they still were able to make it work, though it took some effort. Ian's great; he's somewhat shy and reserved, whereas Callie is very outgoing and has never met a stranger.

I didn't like Fleur, Callie's so-called friend, at first sight. She the kind of friend that makes you not need enemies. Mark was a complete jerk and Muriel was a total airhead. If I could have had any respect for Mark, I would have lost all of it when he started letting Muriel run the show.

If a cute, witty, light-hearted romance is what you're looking for, you can't go wrong with All I Ever Wanted.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Julie P said...[Reply]

A lot of her books are on sale on the Barnes & Noble website. I will have to pick one up. Thanks for sharing!

Tasha said...[Reply]

You should! The first one I ever read by Kristan was Too Good To Be True, and I've been a fan ever since.

Chrissie said...[Reply]

This sounds like a very fun read! I haven't heard of this author before but this definitely sounds like a book I would enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...