Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday {58}: Chain Reaction

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It is showcases upcoming releases of books that I'm looking forward to. It is somewhat similar to one of my previous posts, Anxiously Awaiting. {Button courtesy of Bewitched Bookworms}

Chain Reaction
Simone Elkeles
August 16, 2011

Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?
Book Obsessed

10 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

I've never read anything by Elkes, but I know a lot of people love her books.
Thanks for sharing!
Here's my WoW:
http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html
Cute blog (I followed)

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...[Reply]

This was my pick last week!!!! I love Simone Elkeles's books soooooo much! I love all of her other books and I'm really sad that this is the last Fuentes bother. Maybe she'll start up another really great series!!! Nice pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...[Reply]

Oooooo, looks sooooo good!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Here's my WoW: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

Kristina said...[Reply]

Oh man! I can't wait until next week! I just love those brothers.

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...[Reply]

This book looks hot! I haven't read anything by Simone Elkeles, but I think I'll have to check out the Perfect Chemistry books! Great pick this week! You can check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Courtney
*new follower

Sash and Em said...[Reply]

i've heard great things about this series.

Check out Em's WoW!

Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

Karis Jacobstein said...[Reply]

I need to start this series. The covers are so sexy. Love them.

My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

Adri said...[Reply]

This book sound interesting!!! I'm putting it on my TBR list!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Sonia said...[Reply]

I know this is crazy late (sorry about that!) but great pick ;) Actually, we did the same one... haha, but yeah! Can't wait to read it.

waiting for kennedy said...[Reply]

Nice blog.The cover is so romantic.I liked very much.Can't wait to read it.Thanks a lot for sharing us.
waiting for kennedy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...