Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Bit of Me(Me): To Read & Read & Read

We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here.

This is a weekly meme to get to know the blogging community a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. This meme is hosted by the1stdaugter @ There's a Book each Saturday.

This Week's Question:

How many books have you read in a single sitting? Or, how long have you stayed up reading a book, which one, and why?
 

I have difficulty sitting still for extended periods of time without thinking of something I need to do. So with that being said, I think the most I've read in a single sitting would be about two books, three at most. I have a short attention span when it comes to some things. I could be reading, and think of fifty other things I need to be doing with that time.



As for staying up reading, I can recall staying up until the 3AM reading Heaven, Texas when I knew I had to be up at 6AM the following morning for work. But the weekends, staying up 'til 3AM reading is a norm for me. Those late hours are when I can truly devote time to reading, and not dwell on the fifty other things I could be doing.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kate Scott said...[Reply]

Just stopping by to cheer you on! Looks like you have some great books picked out for the read-a-thon!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

I'm like you, Tasha...I read in fits and starts, occasionally reading into the night. Mostly I'm distracted by other things.

When I was young (a teenager) I could read nonstop for awhile (if I could hide out!); my parents thought lolling about all day with a book was kind of lazy.

Here's my post:

http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/a-bit-of-me-me-reading-into-the-night/

The1stdaughter said...[Reply]

Late nights seem to be a trend, but understandably so I think. It's just about the only time of day I get a moments peace to myself. LOL

As for reading concurrently, you've surpassed me by quite a bit! Wow! I am way to twitchy I guess, I can really only read one at a time, maybe two tops.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...