Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Bit of Me(Me): Music

We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here.

This is a weekly meme to get to know the blogging community a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. This meme is hosted by the1stdaugter @ There's a Book each Saturday.

This Week's Question:


Which song makes your toes tap?

My second love (behind books of course) is music! My music tastes change with my mood, so lots of different songs make my toes tap. I have two songs that answer this question. Both songs are from the opposite ends of the spectrum in genre, but I love them both.

I know this is a little dated, but ever since I visited NYC for the first time back in 2008, and hearing this song, I've been in love with it. I can be anywhere, doing anything, and if I hear it, my toes begin to tap.




American Boy by Estelle
 

Now this one I like because it's my anthem. I tend to find myself driving home from work sing this one at the top of my lungs. So I guess that would make this a song I tap my fingers against the steering wheel to. :)




Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood

Photobucket

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

Great choices! I do love music, too, and often I listen without realizing the names or sometimes even the artists.

YouTube is a great way to access our favorite sounds, isn't it?

Here's my post:

http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/a-bit-of-me-me-dancing-tunes/

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I like Carrie Underwood too!

Lynn Gardner said...[Reply]

I think I need to buy another Carrie Underwood album!

The1stdaughter said...[Reply]

Okay, where have I been? I haven't heard this Carrie Underwood and I absolutely love her! This is what I get for living off of recorded TV and no commercials or music type radio/tv stuff. I miss great music!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one addicted to music as much as books! It just seems as if they go hand in hand. Great choices!

Lily said...[Reply]

I had never heard the first song. I love Carrie's voice. She's awesome! :)

Unknown said...[Reply]

I totally forgot about that Estelle song, I love it! Such a fun song, I've been obsessed with it since I first heard it too :)

Mine is here:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1769

Tales of Whimsy said...[Reply]

I LOVE country and Carrie :)

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thank for your post. For more information visit HERE

modernhouse said...[Reply]

I did'nt hear the first song. Very nice country .. i love it . please if you have more notify me.
http://www.bloggerseotips.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...