Monday, December 27, 2010

Review: My Fair Succubi by Jill Myles

My Fair Succubi
Jill Myles {Blog | Facebook | Twitter}
Series: Succubus Diaries #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Format: Mass Market Paperback {p.340}
Source: Publisher
Genre: Paranormal
Characters: Jackie Brighton, Noah Gideon, Zane
My Rating:

IT SUCKS TO BE HER.

Living as a succubus has a bit of a learning curve, but with sexy fallen angel Noah to scratch her sensual Itch, Jackie Brighton is finally starting to feel ahead of the game. She almost doesn’t miss her gorgeous vampire master Zane—or his sinful, teasing mouth. She’s trying to convince herself of that, anyway.

But Jackie’s past mistakes catch up with her, spinning her life out of control once more. Just as her friend Remy’s inner demon comes out to play, Noah and Jackie are arrested by the angelic Serim Council. When Jackie seizes the chance to escape, she falls right into Zane’s waiting arms. As she’s pulled into a game of cat and mouse between vampires and angels, she finds she must also choose between the two men in her life. Can she decide between Noah and Zane, or will she lose everything she’s ever wanted? Because there’s more at stake than just her heart...

Jill Myles’ Succubus Diaries is a new author and series to me. Although My Fair Succubi is the third installment in the series, I was quickly immersed in the plot and taken with the characters.

Jackie was witty and provided much of the comedic relief, along with Ethan. Ethan, a Guardian, led a sheltered pure existence until getting mixed up with Jackie and MTV.

Jackie is torn between two men, Noah and Zane, whom she claims to love both of. Noah is a Serim and Zane is a vampire. Not only is Jackie trying to decide which of these men she wants to be with, but she is also trying to save her best friend Remy who has been possessed.

The plot was highly entertaining. The whole adventure in which she and Ethan took in trying to rescue Remy was a laugh a minute. And when Jackie wasn’t getting into all kinds of hijinks, she was flip-flopping between two men.

I did have my personal preference as to which of the men I preferred, and that would be Noah. Since I have not read the first two books in the series, I don’t really know either man’s backstory all that well. But from just reading this one, I like Noah.

The entire story, I felt that Noah cared for Jackie more than she cared for him. It seemed as if she just used him for her Itch. Jackie did tend to annoy me at times because she was causing so many problems and trouble, but the people around her tended to be the ones to pay the price for her actions.

This is definitely a series that I will be reading more of, as well as any other title by this author.





Photobucket

1 comments:

dissertation conclusion uk said...[Reply]

Thanks For Giving such a good Information abt these Questions.It will help to the first interviews of many students like me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...