Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday {53}: Shut Out

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It is showcases upcoming releases of books that I'm looking forward to. It is somewhat similar to one of my previous posts, Anxiously Awaiting. {Button courtesy of Bewitched Bookworms}


Shut Out
Kody Keplinger
September 5, 2011

Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part,Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention

Then Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: She and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. But what Lissa never sees coming is her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling...
Book Obsessed

8 comments:

Laura said...[Reply]

I have heard great things about this book. Its already on my to read list. Great pick.

Kristina said...[Reply]

This sounds like such a cute and funny book! Can't wait to read it! Thanks for posting about it.

Old follower

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Bailey said...[Reply]

I cannot wait for this one! I like the sound of Cash. ;)

Waiting on Wednesday (32)

Laura said...[Reply]

I will def enjoy Forever. You def should check out the series. Will let you know how forever is. But the first two SHIVER, and LINGER are totally great.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...[Reply]

I just finished reading The DUFF by Kody Keplinger and really enjoyed it, so yes, I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one too! :)

YA Book Queen said...[Reply]

This one sounds like it'll be amusing! Nice pick :)

Sally said...[Reply]

I just got The DUFF today. I'm hoping I'm gonna love it because I really want to get Shut Out when it comes out because it sounds awesome.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

Alexa said...[Reply]

This one sounds great even though I haven't read anything by Kody yet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...