Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Somebody to Love

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Check out the rules and join in the fun.

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog. Post a link along with your post back to this blog.


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence, or two, of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

Book Beginnings:
"And with that, the six Holy Rollers -- Golly, Polly, and Molly, Ike, Mike, and Spike -- took off their magical roller skates for the last time. Their job on earth was done."
Friday 56:
It was a shack. A falling-into-the-ocean hut. "You need anything?" "Um...a different house?" He didn't respond. "No, I'm...fine. It's okay. Thanks for checking, though."

Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins
Book Obsessed

8 comments:

Aishah Waheed said...[Reply]

Love it! Sounds good, might add it to my wishlist! Here's my Friday 56!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

This one sounds like fun...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

Mary (Bookfan) said...[Reply]

I love Kristan Higgins' books!

fredamans said...[Reply]

Sounds delightful, and the title made me start singing the song... yeah you know the one... and you're doing it now too aren't you?! ;-)

Kristin said...[Reply]

I love Kristan Higgins and have this one on my tbr list. I recently downloaded a bunch of her books that I hadn't read yet to my Nook - now I'll have to get this one!

I just joined this meme and my book is The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani.

Have a great weekend!

Megan said...[Reply]

Sounds like a cute read!

Friday 56 @ Megan Likes Books

Sidne said...[Reply]

hack, I know what she mean, like real-ly. lol. but i too would of just played it off.
http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

JC Jones said...[Reply]

I have one of her books in my TBR pile on my Kindle. I guess I should try it. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...