Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: The Officer Says "I Do" by Jeanette Murray

The Officer Says "I Do"
Jeanette Murray
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publish Date: July 1, 2012
Mass Market Paperback {p.338}
Source: Publisher
Genre: Contemporary
Skye McDermott, Timothy O'Shay
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

Captain Timothy O'Shay is on pre-deployment leave in Las Vegas when he meets Skye McDermott. For once, Tim lets loose and the two hook up. But in the morning, Tim wakes up to discover he's married to a woman who's the polar opposite of what he always envisioned in a wife.

But Skye is sure that this is fate, and that they are destined to be together. Can she convince him to stay with her before he's deployed?

After one too many drinks on a trip to Vegas, Tim discovers he's married. Not your typical start to happily ever after, but the author makes it work.

I enjoyed the dynamic between Skye and Tim. She was truly what he needed in his vanilla life. With Skye's unconventional upbringing and Tim's by the book ways, it's bound to make for some interesting reading. I had my doubts about Skye at first because I thought she might be too far out there, but she wasn't at all.

Both characters were great with and without the other. Skye really won me over with her interaction with Tim's best friend Jeremy. All the characters in this novel are very real and believable. The struggle Skye went through to try to be the good little wife for her officer in and of itself is enough to keep you engrossed to see how it would all turn out.

The subplot with Jeremy and Tim's sister Madison was an extra bonus. Although at times I didn't really care for his behavior or attitude toward Madison. Even with that issue, I'm so looking forward to reading their story. Plus, I'm intrigued by Skye's cousin Veronica. I want to see what the deal is with her.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...