Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It (Losing It, #1)

Publish Date: October 15, 2012
Kindle {p. 204}
Genre: New Adult
Series: Losing It #1
Source: Personal Library
Bliss Edwards, Garrick Taylor

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


The premise seemed somewhat immature in the fact that Bliss was willing to sleep with some random guy just to lose her virginity. The fact that she didn't follow through with this ridiculous plan, saves the story.

The interactions and conversations between Garrick and Bliss were at times hilarious. I really enjoyed them together as a couple. Their story was straightforward without all the drama and conflict, which is a plus in my opinion, which I know some readers prefer the conflict to make the story more believable. Losing It didn't need all the conflict and drama to be believable or enjoyable, it was both without all of that. Although at times Garrick did come across as being too perfect.

The storyline moved along at a quick pace, that kept me involved with the characters and invested in their outcomes. The ending was a bit abrupt, but the epilogue helped that somewhat.

1 comments:

Danielle said...[Reply]

I just picked this up because of your review and I'm halfway done! I was not a fan of the premise, but wanted a light read. So far I am agreeing with you completely about how somehow the premise works (probably because Bliss didn't follow through). I'm really enjoying the characters and I am excited to see how the story ends! :) Thanks for prompting me to read it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...