Saturday, September 21, 2013

#FallIntoReading Read-a-thon Goals

UntitledMy goal for this read-a-thon is just to try and reading books that have been patiently waiting on my shelves that have been set aside for newer, shinier ones.

I want to say I'll read 5 books this week but I know I won't with a full-time work schedule that leaves me just wanting to crawl under my bed at the end of the day. (Yes, I said under)

So the plan is just to read what I feel like reading, as long as it's a book that's been hanging out on my shelves for a while.


Some that I may be choosing from are (these are subject to change):
  • Debbie Macomber
  • Addison Fox
  • Siobhan Vivian
  • Susan Mallery

I'll try to update my progress either here on the blog or on Twitter with the hashtag #FallIntoReading

Update (09/29/13:
Finished: Getting Rowdy (previously started)
Completed: 1105 Yakima Street
                    All Summer Long

8 comments:

B Reading said...[Reply]

Goodness I have trouble with clearing my own TBR without joining Readathons but I admire those of you who do :)

Michael said...[Reply]

Not sure if you're going to do the read-a-thon today but I'm checking in all the same.

Hope your day is going well.

#TeamFox (non-professional cheer-leading squad)

Michael said...[Reply]

Haiku -

Read-A-Thons are fun
Snacks with books are dangerous
Read harder! Read More!

Michael said...[Reply]

Hope you're still doing well with your reading - here's a little inspiration for you:

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”
― Oscar Wilde

Michael said...[Reply]

Back again - just checking in. How's your stack coming along? Any favourite's that you'd like to mention?

I'm on Infinite Kung-Fu - not really a serious read, but nicely entertaining. :)

Another quote to keep you going:

“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul.”
― Joyce Carol Oates

#TeamFox (of all things cheering)

Michael said...[Reply]

Having trouble staying with it or getting a little sleepy?

Drink water - Have a shower - Or go for a walk if you're able.

I like Groucho sometimes. :)

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
― Groucho Marx

Michael said...[Reply]

I'm making my way around again - seeing who's still hanging on and who's been reasonable and actually gone to sleep. :)

Went for walk? - Check
Had a Shower? - Check
Yawned a billion times? - Check

A quote reasonable for this hour.::grin::

“Sleep is good, he said, And books are better.”
― George R.R. Martin

Michael said...[Reply]

My last reply for the event. Congrats on all the reading you did! We didn't really stay up for the whole thing as we wanted to, but some of us made it to about 3 in the morning.

Hope to see you again next year! Happy reading. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...