Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Faithful by Kelly Elliott

Faithful (Wanted, #3)

Publish Date: August 13, 2013
Audio Book {12 hrs 44 mins}
Genre: New Adult
Series: Wanted #3
Source: Public Library
Heather Lambert, Joshua Hayes
No matter how faithful love can be…it takes only one moment to change it all.

After Heather Lambert’s parents died in a tragic car accident her senior year of high school, she refuses to let anyone into her heart for fear of being hurt again. Focusing only on school to follow her dreams of becoming an elementary school teacher, the last thing Heather intends to do is fall in love with Josh Hayes.

Josh knows the moment he lays eyes on Heather that she is the one he’s been waiting for. During months of obstacles and denied feelings, he is rejected by her time and time again. When he finally wins her love, Josh and Heather start planning their future together…until Heather receives one bit of news she never wanted to hear again.

There has been a car accident.

Josh wakes up with no memory of Heather, and his ex-girlfriend, Victoria, is his nurse. Heather must decide if she’ll risk being hurt again and fight for the one man she loves with all her heart.

Will Josh remember Heather when she needs him the most? Or will Victoria take advantage of this opportunity, pushing Heather away from Josh for good?
AMAZING!! I just wish I had know this was book #3 in a series before I read it! :(

These Texas boys sure love to say "Motherf***er." Being from Texas, I have to admit, I know quite a few guys (and some girls too) who love to throw that word around. I loved everyone in this story; I even loved to hate Victoria. I even loved all the music. If you are a music lover, then this book is a wet dream for you. The playlist is to die for!

Josh at times I wanted to hit upside his head. How could he be that dense when it came to girls hitting on him? The thing that stuck out, or shocked me most about this book was that the female characters aren't even 21 yet. WTF? Married with multiple kids and not even of legal drinking age?!? This can't be Austin, TX but Boondocks, TX.

The dynamic between all the couples was great. It felt more like that of family than that of friends. I was totally drawn into the story of Jessica and Scott. To me, their story along with that of Brad and Amanda, stole the show. The whole gang seemed to a loyal, loving group and I can hardly wait to see where they all go from here. But first, I need to go back and read the first two installments.

Read by Arika Rapson and Nelson Hobbs
Duration: 12 hours 44 minutes

Narration: B

The accents took a bit getting used to. Upon first starting this audio book I didn't think I was going to make it through it because of the narrators Texas twang. I found that I kept questioning if I sound like that when I speak. But once I got used to it, it sounded like any other narrator.

2 comments:

carolsnotebook said...[Reply]

I hope Josh remembers Heather in the end. I tend to eventually not notice narrators' accents, especially when the fit the story.

joseph benjamin said...[Reply]

Bienvenue chez Entreprise Peinture Déco, Plus de 20 ans d'expérience Devis Travaux-Peintures-Peinture Renovation,Habitat 91,77,75,78 ... www.entreprisepeinturedeco.fr/devis-travaux/ Devis Travaux peinture renovation- Epinay-sous-Sénart 91860- Epinay-sur-Orge 91360-Etiolles 91450-Etréchy 91580-Fleury-Mérogis 91700.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...