Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review: Tease by Sophie Jordan

Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
Publish Date: May 27, 2014
Trade Paperback {p.320}
Genre: New Adult
Source: Publisher
Emerson, Shaw

What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her?

A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules:

Never let them see the real you.
Never fall in love.
Always leave them begging for more.

Then Shaw comes along. A hottie from the wrong side of the tracks, he's immune to her flirtatious banter and come-hither smile. After rescuing her from a disastrous night at a biker bar, he doesn't even try to take her to bed—he calls her a tease and sends her home instead. Unable to resist a challenge, or forget the sexy, dark-eyed, bad-boy biker, she vows to bring him to his knees.

But instead of making Shaw beg, Emerson finds herself craving him. For the first time in her life, she's throwing out her rule book. Suddenly, she's the one panting for a guy she can't control—a guy who won't settle for anything less than the real Emerson and who forces her to do things she's never imagined, including facing a past she thought she'd buried.

A guy who just might leave her wanting more...
I so wanted to love this book, because I loved FOREPLAY, but I just couldn't. Emerson just annoyed me throughout the bulk of the book. Which is disappointing, because I adored Shaw.

Shaw is the strong silent type. He tends to be able to read people very well, which is what Emerson needed. He and Reese are very similar in their strong, rock-solid character. At times I felt Shaw deserved better than Emerson, that he should be with someone more like her roommate Georgia.

Emerson had been through something traumatic in her past that lead her to put up this party girl facade that was not true and down right irritating at times. I'm just not a fan women how actively seek out the reputation of being loose or without sexual morals. And her treatment of Shaw didn't win her any points with me either. Some points throughout, I just wanted to give up on this book and wanted Shaw to give up on Emerson. I stuck with it because I wanted to see what was cause her bad behavior. I already had some ideas to what it was, but I stuck it out for confirmation. And for some reason, when I read what happened, it felt very familiar, like I had read this plot-line before.

Shaw, and Emerson's roommate Georgia, were by far my favorites in this installment. I'm hoping that Georgia's story will be much better than Emerson's.

1 comments:

Blogger said...[Reply]

If you're attempting to lose kilograms then you certainly need to start using this brand new custom keto meal plan diet.

To produce this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and chefs joined together to produce keto meal plans that are effective, painless, money-efficient, and delightful.

Since their grand opening in 2019, 1000's of clients have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a smart keto meal plan diet can give.

Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan diet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...