Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Title: Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
Author: Larissa Ione
Published: July 1, 2008
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 389
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Tayla Mancuso, Eidolon
My Rating:

Synopsis
In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life...

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure--but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his desire to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable--and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...

First let me start by saying that I happened to notice from my Paperback Swap account, that this book has been sitting in my TBR pile 3 months shy of 2 years. Yes, two years. And boy was I missing out. But in a way I'm kind of glad that I waited so long to read it, so there won't be such a huge wait in between waiting for the next release in the series. If I'm correct, books 1-4 are already released with book 5 due out August 24. Or otherwise I'd be sitting around fienin' for the next one in the series like I'm currently doing with Feehan's Carpathians.

Now to get back on track with the review. Tayla starts out the believe that all demons are bad, pretty much the same belief any other sane human being would have. Until she meets Eidolon. She's a slayer, he's a demon. Sound familiar? Think back to the late 1990s. You guessed it, Buffy and Angel!

I thought about giving it 4 instead of 5 butterflies, because Tayla annoyed me in parts of the story. But hey, if I was in that situation faced with demons, I'm sure I would probably annoy myself. The whole part (without giving too much away) with her believing that the Aegis would give her a cellphone to go back to the hospital with because it had some "super signal" didn't quite jive as on the up-and-up. But of course, she fell for it. But she did turn her character around; I guess you don't want to make them too perfect, because no one would believe that. There is a little twist concerning Tayla, but I won't get into that. You'll have to read the story to find out for yourselves. But I am so looking forward to seeing what develops between Gem and the love of her life.

Larissa is a new author to me, but I most definitely will be checking out the rest of the series. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good paranormal romance. And if Eidolon and his brothers are as yummy as Ms. Ione made them out to be, I can see why a human female would crawl in to bed with them. I don't think I would kick them out of my bed. :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beverly said...[Reply]

Just finished this one too - totally loved it! I see you are reading the next one, I'm jealous, I haven't gotten to the store for the next one yet. Enjoy it!

Joann said...[Reply]

I had just won a box of 4 PR books last fall, and this was the 3rd one I read, and I love it! I am definitely going to get the others just for the serious hotness she puts in, plus I like the idea of knowing how the other characters are doing. Great review.
jbdownie5@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...