Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Virgin by Cheryl Brooks

Virgin
Cheryl Brooks
Series: The Cat Star Chronicles #7
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablance
Publication Date: June 1, 2011
Mass Market Paperback {p.356}
Source: Publisher
Genre: Sci-Fi, Futuristic
Characters: Avondia Karon, Daxtronian Vandilorsk
Challenge:100+, Summer Romance

Zetithians have a feline gene that gives the males remarkable sexual prowess. Refugee Dax is no exception-but as a virgin, he has no idea how to use it. His fumbling attempts at romance fail to tempt the beautiful Ava, but he is determined to learn the art of love. Let the seduction begin...

This was my first novel of the Cat Star series, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I believe this is the first romance novel I’ve read that the male counterpart was the virgin. I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t part of what drew me to this book.

Ava is a passenger on Dax’s ship that he has an unexplainable attraction to. Never before has he ever been affected by a woman like this. He’s not sure of how to go about convincing her that she should be with him, so he seeks advice from friends. One is a lady’s man and the other has his one issues when it comes to getting women.

The overall story of Virgin was interesting enough to keep me reading. The sex between them was hot but the romance was a tad lukewarm. The secondary characters provided most of my entertainment. Watching Waroun on his quest to get laid was a major highlight.

Ava and Dax were such likeable characters that in their own right that I couldn’t help but want a happy ending for them.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...