Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading. To participate, all you have to do is the following:

  • Grab your current/upcoming read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2-3 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers! (You do not want to ruin the book for others.)
Share the title & author so that others who enjoy your "teaser" may add the book to their TBL pile.
"I'm just so delighted you could make it here this--"
He knew the exact moment she caught sight of his slack tie and scuffed Nikes. Her voice faltered, and for a split second, he saw it. That look of disapproval. That expression that said, You're not one of us. But, as always, he consoled himself with the fact that for all her riches, he could buy and sell her ten times over.
"--this evening," she finished.
"Mrs. Caldwell. What a joy it is to see you again." Jeremy nodded toward Bernie. "Mrs. Caldwell, I'd like you to meet Bernadette. She's a family friend visiting from Arkansas. Rural Arkansas. It was a slow time at the chicken farm, so she put on her best dress, hopped a Greyhound, and here she is."
At the same time he got a furtive eye roll from Bernie, Mrs. Caldwell's nose crinkled as if she smelled something rotten.
page 11; Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves
Book Obsessed

3 comments:

Kati R said...[Reply]

Haha! Totally loved this book and laughed my way through it. Great teaser!

Here’s my TT

fredamans said...[Reply]

Long. I got bored, sorry.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_18.html

Crystal @ I Totally Paused! said...[Reply]

This one sounds lovely, I may have to add it to my TBR list!

My teaser is from Heresy this week. I'm also having a giveaway for the sequel, Prophecy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...