Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Review: McKettricks of Texas: Garrett by Linda Lael Miller

Title: McKettricks of Texas: Garrett
Author: Linda Lael Miller
Published: May 25, 2010
Publisher: HQN Books
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 384
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Julie Remington, Garrett McKettrick
My Rating:

Synopsis
Fast track up the political ladder, fast cars, fast women—that's Garrett McKettrick. Make that was. A scandal has brought him home to Blue River, Texas, a place where a man can slow down, take stock and plan his next move. Which doesn't include staying at the family ranch with his brothers. A city boy, Garrett doesn't think he has the land in his blood.

But Blue River has other attractions, like his former high school nemesis, Julie Remington. Now a striking woman, Julie comes complete with a four-year-old cowboy, a three-legged beagle and deep ties to the community. Good thing they have nothing in common…except their undeniable attraction and a future brighter than the Texas sun.

I've been a fan of LLM since the first time I read her, and this one did not disappoint. I LOVE Garrett! Let me rephrase, I LOVE all three McKettrick brothers. More than I loved the interaction between Garrett and Julie, I loved his interaction with Julie's son, Calvin. Although, I do feel like I got to know more of Garrett in Tate's book than in his own book. But just like with Tate's book, I'm a sucker when it comes to watching these men interact with the children in their lives.

I was not only watching Julie fall in love with Garrett but Calvin falling for him as well. Calvin's father does make an appearance in this one, but it's clear that Garrett is the man that Calvin looks to. Julie comes off as apprehensive at times, but she claims it's because of Calvin and his medical problems. Even with that, Garrett still is able to get into Julie's heart. I am really looking forward to Austin's story now.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...