Monday, May 24, 2010

Review: Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Title: Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
Author: Nora Roberts
Published: April 27, 2010
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Format: Trade Paperback
Pages: 352
Source: Public Library
Characters: Laurel McBane, Delaney Brown
My Rating:

Synopsis
New Love takes the cake in the third novel in Nora Roberts's new Bride Quartet-in a stunning French flap edition

Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she's too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker's older brother Delaney, on whom she's had a mega-crush since childhood.

But some infatuations last longer than others, and Laurel is convinced that the Ivy League lawyer is still out of her reach. Plus, Del is too protective of Laurel to ever cross the line with her-or so she thinks. When Laurel's quicksilver moods get the better of her-leading to an angry, hot, all-together mind-blowing kiss with Del-she'll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever...

I've been a fan of this series since the very first book. I loved all the weddings, the cakes, and the flowers, but I didn't love Laurel and Delaney. From the previous books, I felt that there was great potential for these two characters. But I felt let down by this story compared to the other two. There just didn't seem to be any substance to Del and Laurel's relationship. I just can't put my finger on it, but something was definitely missing.

Laurel has been in love with Del since forever, but he is unaware of this fact. She kisses him one day and apparently that changes everything for him. That didn't seem very believable to me, for it to change so drastically for him. To me, they came across as friends who happen to be sleeping together instead of two people in love with each other.

I am looking forward to reading Parker's story. I did enjoy her interaction with Malcolm. I'm hoping Happy Ever After is as great as the first two books.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...