Thursday, May 6, 2010

Review: Sweet Temptation by Maya Banks

Title: Sweet Temptation (Sweet,  #4)
Author: Maya Banks
Published: April 06, 2010
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Format: Trade Paperback
Pages: 368
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Angelina , Micah
My Rating:

Synopsis
He was a by-the-book cop who broke the rules in the bedroom…
Micah Hudson has painful secrets he’s run hard from. He has new friends, a new life, but he’s about to be confronted with the one person who reminds him of all he’s tried to forget—Angelina, the sister of his oldest friend David. She knows everything about his past, including how he and David fell in love with the same woman, and how they decided the best way to prevent her from tearing them apart was to share her between them. But then a terrible accident left Micah alone…

She was willing to do anything to make him see the woman she’d become…

Micah lost the two people who meant the most in the world to him. Angelina lost her only family. And she kept her deepest secret close to her heart. Her love for Micah. No longer willing to wait, she decides it’s time to go after him and bring him to his knees. She knows his secrets, his desires, his kinks and fetishes, and she’ll use whatever it takes to reel him in. Behind the easy going, loves women exterior lies a man with dark needs and passions. She can give him what he wants. But will he decide she’s what he needs?

First off, let me say I love Maya Banks! With that being said, I didn't love Sweet Temptation. The sex was amazing, of course. I've never been disappointed with the sex scenes from Maya Banks, but that was all there was, just sex. Micah and Angelina had nothing else going on for each other than the sex, if you remove that from the book, there would be no other interaction between them.

I was so looking forward to Micah's story (I was constantly checking my mailbox for my Amazon order containing this book) so I was somewhat disappointed. It turned out to be one of those books where it takes a tradegy for the hero to realize his love for the heroine. With the previous 3 books in the series, I absolutely loved Micah, I can't say the same after reading his story. But that won't discourage me from running out to buy another book with her name attached to it. I am most definitely looking forward to reading Connor's story, and I hope Ms. Banks writes a book for Cole as well.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...