Thursday, February 17, 2011

Theme Thursday {1}: Love


This meme is being hosted by Kavyen @ Reading Between Pages. Each Thursday she will be posting a new "theme" Anyone can join in; here are the rules:

  • A new "theme" will be posted each Thursday
  • Select a conversion/snippet/sentence from your current read
  • Post your selection, but don't forget to list the title and author of the book
  • This event is open for one whole week
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”


This week's "theme" is: LOVE



"Don't go," she said. "My dad loves you. He told me at Christmas--he loves you. And I didn't really want to, but after Sparky blew his tail off, I knew you were the real deal and I started to love you, too."

Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr
Photobucket

9 comments:

kavyen said...[Reply]

Hi Tasha
Thanks for participating.

Aww, such a sweet realization of love here.. I have never read a book by this author. I will look forward to see if you are recommending.

Also Please leave a comment here so other theme thursday participants can take a look at your post

Bev Hankins said...[Reply]

"After Sparky blew his tail off"??? That's really got me wondering. And it's nice that the daughter is pleading her dad's case for him.

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/02/theme-thursday-love.html

Unknown said...[Reply]

I love it! makes me wonder who sparky is en how he blew his tail off

fredamans said...[Reply]

AW so sweet!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/theme-thursdays-love.html

Cat said...[Reply]

What an intriguing excerpt. Really makes me want to know what's going on.

Yvonne said...[Reply]

I love Robyn Carr's books. She's always good.

Unknown said...[Reply]

How cute :) Sounds lovely!

Mine is from Delirium:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=2293

lulilut said...[Reply]

"Sparky blew his tail off!"
Sounds like a funny read!

Landslide said...[Reply]

What a sweet quote.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...