Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Goodnight Tweetheart

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Check out the rules and join in the fun.

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog. Post a link along with your post back to this blog.


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence, or two, of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.
Book Beginnings:
In her darker moments Abby Donovan had often fantasized that her career of choice might lead her to become intimately acquainted with the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"

Friday 56:
MarkBaynard: I don't even want to meet my parents. Not for lunch. Not for coffee. Not for Thanksgiving.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Buffy said...[Reply]

I love it -- my husband has a T-shirt that says "I have a liberal arts degree. Would you like fries with that?" :)

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2011/02/friday-56-and-book-beginnings-ordeal-by.html

Helen's Book Blog said...[Reply]

Love the opening line! My first job was at McDonald's so I totally get it

Sherrie said...[Reply]

Hi!
I'm intrigued, I'll have to check this one out. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/friday-56_11.html

fredamans said...[Reply]

Funny 56!
Thanks for participating!

Audra said...[Reply]

Ooh, I love that you use the same book for both memes! I've heard great things about this book.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

Love the excerpts....great book title and cover.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...