Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading. To participate, all you have to do is the following:

  • Grab your current/upcoming read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2-3 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers! (You do not want to ruin the book for others.)
Share the title & author so that others who enjoy your "teaser" may add the book to their TBL pile.
"I am a redneck! New to this school!" he yells. "I wanna be a cheerleader, so I can be cool!" His motions are herky-jerky, fists balled up tight, shooting directly out at me. I feel them like punches in my gut. "I'm just a farm girl, short and flat!" he continues, hands smoothing down his own chest.

I feel the blood rush to my face and I know I'm bright red. I want him to stop. I need him to stop. I feel small and ugly and country.
page 52; The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker
Book Obsessed

2 comments:

Sana said...[Reply]

Wow, sounds like a fun read! I am looking out for this book to be released here.

Here's my Teaser Tuesday post.

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

fredamans said...[Reply]

Awesome teaser, made me want to get a copy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...