Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Catching Jordan

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Check out the rules and join in the fun.

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog. Post a link along with your post back to this blog.


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence, or two, of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

Book Beginnings:
I once read that football was invented so people wouldn't notice summer ending. But I couldn't wait for summer vacation to end.

Friday 56:
"Hell, no," he says, fingering the Cracker Jack prize we've been fighting over since we were nine. I'll never forget how we were sitting out in Henry's front yard playing rock, paper, scissors while eating a big box of Cracker Jacks.
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
Book Obsessed

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

Oh, remembering Cracker Jacks really takes me back! This one sounds intriguing....

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

Maria said...[Reply]

I love Cracker Jacks (I still like lots of snacks and candy from when I was a kid..lol). This sounds like an interesting read.

Here's my Friday Meme Post http://tinyurl.com/79h6m3s

fredamans said...[Reply]

I still love Cracker Jacks1

Bev Hankins said...[Reply]

Cracker Jacks! They don't give out quite as good prizes now, though. I almost always get a sticker or a tattoo. No more Cracker Jack rings.

Here's my post: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-memes_17.html

Vicki said...[Reply]

I love the cover! Great snippets too!!
Here’s Mine

guiltlessreader said...[Reply]

That sounds like such a cute read!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...