Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {84}: A Midsummer's Nightmare @Kody_Keplinger

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It is showcases upcoming releases of books that I'm looking forward to. It is somewhat similar to one of my previous posts, Anxiously Awaiting. {Button courtesy of Bewitched Bookworms}

A Midsummer's Nightmare
Kody Keplinger
June 5, 2012

Whitley Johnsons dream summer with her divorce dad has turned into a nightmare. She’s just met his new fiancee and her kids. The fiancee’s son? Whitley’s one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin’ great.

Worse, she totally doesn’t fit in with her dad’s perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn’t even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she’s ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn’t “do” friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn’t her stepbrother... at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.

Filled with authenticity and raw emotion, Whitley is Kody Keplinger’s most compelling character to date: a cynical Holden Caulfield-esque girl you will wholly care about.
Book Obsessed

4 comments:

Carly said...[Reply]

I like the sound of this, thanks for sharing as I hadn't heard of it. I also love the cover.

New follower :)

My WOW: http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-10_22.html

Carly :)

Maria said...[Reply]

I like the cover and the blurb...I'll add it to my list too.

Here's my Wow: http://tinyurl.com/7ebb8ct

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...[Reply]

I haven't read any of her books yet, but I've only heard good things!! Thanks for sharing :)

My WoW

Alexa said...[Reply]

I feel for Shut Out last year so I can't wait to read this one. I'm not a huge fan of the cover but I'm still excited!

I hope you enjoy this WOW book once it releases!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...