Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Review: Fallen Too Far by Abbli Glines

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)

Publish Date: December 14, 2012
Kindle {p.300}
Genre: New Adult
Series: Rosemary Beach #1
Source: Personal Library
Blaire Wynn, Rush Finley

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.
Rush, Rush, Rush. I was stumped as to how the author was going to turn this character around. He started out as this womanizer with no morals, so I didn't know how he could be leading man material. I found that I was more into the characters Grant, Rush's brother, and Woods, the country club playboy. You could see Rush's struggle with his attraction to Blaire.

I don't know how she did it, but I fell in love with this book and its screwed up characters. I'm still screaming, "Why Rush, why!?! Why didn't you say something before?"

All that classist behavior that was oh so prevalent at the country club, felt reminiscent of Kellermans, the country club from Dirty Dancing. These little country club snobs really grated on my nerves.

Blaire father was an complete deadbeat. Hated him before he showed up, and still hated him after. I don't know how you spend you life with someone you claim to love and have children with and can't even be bothered to attend their funeral, or extend condolences to your child for their loss. I don't care if they were divorced at the time of his ex-wife's death, they still had a daughter who was terribly in need of a parent having just lost her mother. There was no redeeming him to me. The thing I couldn't understand, is why ANYONE would want him after that.

The only person I may hate more than Abe, Blaire's father, is Nan, Rush's sister. Although Rush's mother Georgiana is giving Nan a run for her money in that race. Blaire is a bigger person than I there at the end with Nan, 'cause I would have did it.

Best believe, I will be continuing on with this series. I have to see who the lucky lady is that will capture my love interest, Woods.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...