Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review: Twisted by Emma Chase

Twisted (Tangled, #2)

Publish Date: March 25, 2014
Trade Paperback {p.241}
Genre: New Adult
Source: Publisher
Katherine Brooks, Drew Evans

When spontaneous and carefree meets cautious and responsible, falling in love can get just a little Twisted

There are two kinds of people in this world: the ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I've always been more of a looker. A planner. Cautious. Then I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself. He made it easy to leap with him.

Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after? So did I. But life is about choices, and Drew already made his. In fact, he tried to decide for the both of us; but you know that's not my style. So I came back to Greenville, to spend some time alone . . . sort of.

Because old habits die hard, and sometimes you have to go back to where you began before you can move ahead again.


Where to begin. This whole sh*t-storm could have been prevented if only Kate had not lied. I was never a fan of Drew from the last installment, and this one didn't change my mind about him. If anything, it just cemented that indeed he and Kate are perfect for one another. I must agree with Kate's ex-boyfriend in that both Kate and Drew need some serious therapy.

Drew has always been the spoiled, jealous type that throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way, so I didn't understand why Kate would take the lying approach with him when she knows exactly how he is. On cue, he lashes out at her trying to hurt her as badly as he perceives she's hurt him. They have a somewhat destructive type of relationship. When the story started, I liked Kate and Drew was tolerable, but when the lies from Kate started, both characters seemed to take a turn for the worse. Kate's immediate forgiveness of Drew was a bit much in that, yes it was a misunderstanding, but his way of handling these things is not okay and it didn't seem to be properly addressed. So what's to say that the next time they have a misunderstanding, he won't becoming a complete as*hole every time?

With all that, I must admit I did enjoy this one more than TANGLED. That could be because this one had less Drew and more Kate. The characters are very vivid, funny and well-written, I just don't tend to like them as people. Which is difficult for me to understand because I love all the secondary characters. Matthew, Delores, Alex, Carol, Billy, Mackenzie, etc.; just not Drew and sometimes not Kate. The author writes some really strong characters, so much so that you're not on the fence with them. You either love them or hate them.

I am however looking forward to reading Delores and Matthew's story next. These two, I've loved from the start.

2 comments:

bn100 said...[Reply]

Nice review about the characters

Mins72 said...[Reply]

Thanks for the review ! I loved Tangled and can't wait to read this one :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...