Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst

Searching for Someday (Searching For, #1)
Publish Date: November 26, 2013
Trade Paperback {p.375}
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Searching For #1
Source: Publisher
Kate Seymour, Slade Montgomery

Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.

But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love...only to find herself falling for him along the way.

I really enjoyed this, although it took a couple of chapters before it picked up for me. It started a little bland, but around chapter four or five is when it came alive for me. Kate and Slade both seemed to develop around then. It was a fun, flirty read that kept me enthralled from that point forward.

All the characters were well-written, well-rounded and had both strengths and flaws. I loved each and every one of them, including Robert, Kate's dog.

What I truly liked about Kate and Slade's relationship, is that although they had that instant connection and attraction, it wasn't instant love. They went through their share of rough patches trying to deny their connection to one another. The chase is what kept it interesting.

A couple of background characters, Genevieve and her twin sister Izzy, really caught my attention. I'm interested in seeing where their story is going to go. There was definitely something much deeper going on there.

Kate and her business partners have a great relationship and they kept me laughing. I did discover a few movies I need to add to my to-watch list while I anxiously await the next installment in the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...