Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review: The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
Publish Date: July 30, 2013
Trade Paperback {p.375}
Genre: New Adult
Series:  The Coincidence #2
Source: Personal Library
Callie Lawrence, Kayden Owens
The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.


I didn't enjoy The Redemption as much as I enjoyed The Coincidence. For one, The Redemption seemed to drag on and on about nothing until the last four to five chapters where it was rushed to wrap it all up. I just kept wanting the author to get to the secret reveal, and when she did, it fell kind of flat for me. I did suspect that her dad would be the one she would go to about it because her mother and brother were both too far up the enemy's a** in this book and the previous one.

Also, I didn't like Seth so much in this one. In The Coincidence he was among my favorites of the supporting characters, but this time he just seemed way too pushy for me. Luke was still his strange self, but he grew on me more in this installment.

Kayden started to irritate me a bit with the back forth he was doing with Callie. One minute he was all over her and the next he just wanted them to be friends. I just wanted him to pick a side and stick.

I just started losing interest in them and their situations. Nothing was being resolved and no one was paying for their acts. Nothing just stood out and made this a fantastic read for me. I will most likely continue forward with Luke's story at some point, but I'm in no big rush to do so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...