Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: Almost Perfect by Susan Mallery

Title: Almost Perfect
Author: Susan Mallery
Published: June 29, 2010
Publisher: HQN
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 379
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Liz Sutton, Ethan Hendrix
My Rating:

Synopsis
Back in high school, Liz Sutton was the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. Then she’d stolen the heart of the most popular boy in town, and their secret romance helped her through the worst of times. Until Ethan Hendrix betrayed her and everything they’d ever meant to each other. Devastated and pregnant, Liz left Fool’s Gold, California – forever, she thought…

Now Liz must return to town and face the man who doesn’t know of their son’s existence. And this time she won’t have the option of making a quick getaway. Ethan and Liz can’t deny their passionate attraction, even after all these years. But will their desire be enough to spark a second chance at love?

I loved how this book started out with Liz believing Ethan wanted nothing to do with her or their son. I really liked both the hero and heroine and their interaction with each other. The story just took off, there wasn't a lot of filler pages before getting to the point, which is always a plus to me. It was emotional in the sense that you could understand both of the point of views of the situation.

Ethan did start to annoy me and make me care less about what he was feeling or going through. I just felt he could have handled the situation a litter better. Granted Liz didn't handle it great either, but she had the excuse of been a teenage mom, whereas Ethan's bad behavior took place as an adult. He did redeem himself to me in the last few pages, of course.

I guess this is what you would call a feel good story because I found myself hoping they would work things out even though Ethan did handle the situation poorly. I most definitely recommend reading the series, and I hope it's not just a trilogy. I would love to see what happens with Ethan's sisters: Nevada, Montana, and Dakota.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

I loved this book and thought it a "perfect" fomance.

Josette said...[Reply]

What an interesting story...two people trying to rekindle their love?

I'm here from the hop. Have a great weekend! :)

Josette
http://booksloveme.blogspot.com/

Rowena said...[Reply]

I'm kind of nervous about this book since there was that whole secret baby thing going, right? Ethan is going to meet his 10 year old son that he knew nothing about?

I read Chasing Perfect and thought that book was cute, I fell in love with the small town of Fools Gold and I'd like to find out how everything pans out for the rest of the characters. I'm anxious for Pia's story since I thought she was cute in CP.

I didn't read this review since I'm going to read the book soon but I just had to comment anyway.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...