Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Beginnings & Friday 56: Not That Kind of Girl

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Check out the rules and join in the fun.

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog. Post a link along with your post back to this blog.


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence, or two, of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

Book Beginnings:
On the first day of my senior year, I happened to walk past the auditorium during freshman orientation assembly.

Friday 56:
Connor Hughes. He stooped to peer inside my window with this curious look on his face. I could smell the beer all over him, warm and sour.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...[Reply]

It looks like instant attraction....

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

Sherrie said...[Reply]

Hi!
Beer and attractions don't really go together but it most of the time does. Interesting. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/friday-56.html

kavyen said...[Reply]

Smell of beer.. that would repel me mostly. Good snippet for the 56.

Here is mine

ham1299 said...[Reply]

Interesting, makes me wonder what the book is about!

Thanks for visiting Proud Book Nerd! :-)

Bev Hankins said...[Reply]

Beer would definitely not be a turn on for me. But maybe instant attraction can overcome that...

Here's my Beginning: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-beginnings-on-friday.html

Kathy Martin said...[Reply]

I love the cover of this one. It sounds a little more contemporary than the books I usually read though. Happy reading!

fredamans said...[Reply]

I hate that smell.
Thanks for participating!

Yvonne said...[Reply]

This sounds really good.

Katy said...[Reply]

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...