Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: Dark Predator by Christine Feehan

Dark Predator
Christine Feehan
Series: Carpathians #22
Publisher: Berkley
Published: September 6, 2011
Audio Book {13hrs}
Source: Personal Library
Genre: Paranormal
Maguarita Fernandez, Zacarias de la Cruz
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

Enter the world of the Carpathians: an immortal race of beings with animal instincts whose males, without their lifemate's light, only have one option ...turning vampire. Zacarias de la Cruz has finally found his lifemate, but is it too late? Is he too close to turning into a vampire to turn back?

As brutal as the undead he hunted, Zacarias De La Cruz was a master executioner. Over the long, dark centuries, he plunged into so many battles they blurred into an endless lifetime of evil that hardened the soul of this merciless, ruthless and implacable dark predator.

Now his stark and savage journey is over. After a thousand years in a gray world, he has accomplished everything he set out to do. His brothers are safeguarded. Each has found a woman who completes them. And they are at peace. For his brothers, Zacarias has walked the edge of madness, but with centuries as a killing machine now left to the past and without a hunt to define him, Zacarias wonders, for the first time in his life, who he really is.

The answer awaits him back home in Peru , in the betrayal of a woman who is readying her trap, in the vengeance of an old enemy, in the inevitable consequences of a bloody family legacy, and in the deliverance of a lifemate he never could have imagined.
I was disappointed in this installment of the series. I really love the Carpathians, but I didn’t love Zacarias. I know he’s very very ancient, like no other, and has chosen a path of solitude, but his interaction with Maguarita was not that great to me.

His constant referring to her as a “lunatic” was not endearing although I know it was meant as an endearment. I didn’t feel that these two had any kind of depth or emotional connection. She was just his lifemate but not the love of his life. I didn’t feel that there was any more to it.

Their story I don’t feel added anything to the overall series and could have been a novella in an anthology instead of dedicating an entire book to these two. I kept stopping and starting with this one because I just couldn’t get into the two of them as a couple. I just finished this one to stay current with the series, but I think I could have skipped this one and still been able to pick up the next installment without being lost.

Definitely not my favorite of the series.


Read by Erik Bergmann, Kristine Ryan
Duration: 13 hours
Recorded Books

Narration: C-

The male narrator was okay, but the female narrator was a little whiny. I'm not sure if the narrators played a part in my dislike of this novel or not, but they did not help.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...