Monday, December 26, 2011

Review: The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Passion
Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #5
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: May 25, 2010
Mass Market Paperback {p.438}
Source: Personal Library
Genre: Paranormal
Olivia, Aeron
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel--demon-assassin--has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting--and falling for--Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this "mortal" with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't....
Olivia is an angel who has been given the task of killing Aeron, keeper of Wrath. Unable to complete this task because of her growing attraction to him, she chose to fall.

Aeron and his demon child, Legion, I enjoyed from the previous book in the series, so I was excited to get more of them. But in this installment I struggled to like either of them. At times I just wanted them to get rid of Legion and be done with her. And Aeron refused to see Legion’s love for him as anything more than a father-daughter type of love. Both Legion and Aeron managed to be redeemed in the end. I truly felt bad for Legion in the end. I want her to find happiness.

Olivia was not all sugar and innocence I expected her to be. Yes, she was kind and sweet, but I guess all her years of watching humans taught her a thing or two about sex. I know the book was about her and Aeron’s journey, but I would have loved to see her interact more with the other ladies of the house. Some of my favorite scenes were Olivia with the girls and Olivia with Gideon.

The ending has me intrigued. I’m anxious to see what happens next. Although this wasn’t my favorite of this series it was still an enjoyable read.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...