Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Review: Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox

Baby It's Cold Outside (Alaskan Nights, #1)


Publish Date: November 1, 2011
Mass Market Paperback {p. 365}
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Personal Library
Sloan McKinley, Walker Montgomery

After a frantic call, Sloan McKinley travels to the heart of the Alaskan wilderness to be there for her best friend, who's just inherited property in the small town of Indigo. The last thing she expects is to be lured by the town's matriarchs into their annual contest to get their grandsons married off.

But Sloan can't deny the appeal of the rugged local men-Walker Montgomery in particular. Soon she finds herself falling in love with the wild outdoors...and with one of Indigo's most beloved residents. There's just one question that remains: is the town's most confirmed bachelor ready to get caught?
I was enthralled with this book and it's characters from page one. The is the first book I've read from this author (upon seeing this YouTube video) and I've already purchased book two and pre-ordered book three in this series.

Of the ladies in Indigo, Alaska, I have to say Sloan, Avery, Amanda and Jessica were my favorites. Although Grier is Sloan's best friend and the reason she came to Alaska, I didn't really like her at times. I just couldn't figure what her problem was.

Walker, Mick and Jack were great men as well, but they took a backseat to the women in this book, or at least that's the way it felt to me. What I truly loved was how the author made the town come alive on the pages. The vivid picture she painted of Alaska made me want to visit, and I hate the cold.

Walker had his butthole moments, but nothing that would make him unredeemable to me. Although he did act like a complete jerk the night of the bachelor auction. Of course in the end Walker and Sloan manage to get their acts together, and the author sets up the next couple of books in this one as well. But aside from the leads of the next two novels, I'm most interested in seeing what becomes of Jessica and her love interest. And if anything comes of Dr. Cloud and his.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...