Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: The Submissive by Tara Sue Me

The Submissive (The Submissive Trilogy, # 1)


Publish Date: February 7, 2013
Kindle {p. 304}
Genre: BDSM, Erotica
Source: NetGalley
Abby King, Nathaniel West

Abby King has a secret fantasy.

New York knows Nathaniel West as the brilliant and handsome CEO of West Industries, but Abby knows he’s more: a sexy and skilled dominant who is looking for a new submissive. Yearning to experience a world of pleasure beyond her simple life as a librarian, Abby offers herself to Nathaniel, to fulfill her most hidden desires.

After only one weekend with the Master, Abby knows she needs more, and fully submits to Nathaniel’s terms. But despite the pleasure he takes in Abby’s willing spirit, the Nathaniel hidden behind the rules remains cold and distant.

As Abby falls deeper into his tantalizing world of power and passion, she fears that Nathaniel’s heart may be beyond her reach—and that her own might be beyond saving…


To me The Submissive is a better written version of 50 Shades. People rave about that book, I however never finished it because the writing was just that bad. So I like to think this was what E.L. was trying to get across to her readers.

Abigail wanted to be submissive, but only to Nathaniel. To me their relationship was a bit cold and clinical, but that could just be the way D/s relationships are. He showed her no affection or warmth but he was always saying how it was his responsibility to take care of her. To me that would entail her emotional care as well.

He does come around in the end so that helped. Even though he was cold and detached, I never disliked him. I never felt that that he humiliated her any way. They had some very hot times, as well as some times that I wouldn't go for, but to each their own.

As far as the secondary characters go, I didn't care for Abby's BFF Felicia. she seemed very annoying. Scenes with her I tended to want to skip over them. But other than that, I enjoyed the read once I removed myself from the characters and just read it like I was on the outside watching instead of being a part of the characters living it.

1 comments:

Danielle said...[Reply]

YES, I agree so much about 50 Shades of Grey!! I finished it but I CANNOT believe how much praise that book gets for being written so poorly!! It bugs me so much! I haven't read The Submissive, but if it's better than 50 Shades I might give it a try! Great review! xo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...