Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
Publish Date: June 12, 2012
Trade Paperback {p.334}
Genre: Erotica
Series: Bared to You #1
Source: Personal Library
Eva Trammell, Gideon Cross

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily… Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


I was so excited to read this series because I heard such great things about it. If this first installment is any indication, I hope it gets better from here.

Eva's constant running away from situations become entirely too much. Yes, she acknowledged that she did run when situations became to much instead of dealing with them, but she did nothing to try and correct it. And that simple fact is why I quickly became bored with the whole story.

Both Eva and Gideon had messed up childhoods. We find out Eva's story early on in their relationship, but Gideon never truly shared the extent of his. We received glimpses of what may have happened and were left to draw our own conclusions.

They were both extremely jealous people who didn't have much going on with each other outside of sex. I never really warmed to Eva, her whole wishy-washy personality made it very difficult. Gideon was okay, I found that I kept reading hoping that the mystery of him would be uncovered.

Most likely I will be continuing on with the series because I already bought all three books before reading the first one. Although I won't be in a major hurry to do so.

1 comments:

Danielle said...[Reply]

I agree with you completely! In comparison to 50 Shades of Grey I liked this book a lot, but overall it was just as slow and could be compacted so much! I hope you like where the story goes because it does pick up at some point! ;) Great review!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...