Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review: Foreplay by Sophie Jordan

Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)
Publish Date: November 5, 2013
Trade Paperback {p.294}
Genre: New Adult
Series: The Ivy Chronicles #1
Source: Publisher
Pepper, Reece Mulvaney
Before she goes after the life she’s always wanted, she’s about to find the one she needs.

Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

From the moment I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down. I connected with Pepper when it came to her shyness with the opposite sex. It was like reading my own story in that aspect.

I really enjoyed both characters on their own as well as together. Although at times, Pepper and I had our moments, there wasn't a single moment I wasn't feeling Reece. Throughout the entire story he remained a stand-up, truly likable character. Reece is by far one of my favorite New Adult males.

Pepper and her fixation on Hunter, her best friend's brother, was the only sticking point for me. I felt that she knew she was thinking about Reece more than she was Hunter now, but she still refused to let it go and commit to Reece. I guess the author had to continue with that to provide a bit of conflict.

The overall pace of the story was great, which meant I was never bored and was counting down the minutes until I could pick it back up again. (silly things like my having to go work got in the way of my reading) Pepper's honesty and Reece's mystery kept me completely enthralled with them.

Foreplay was such an entertaining, wonderfully written story, that after reading this book, I will definitely have to add Sophie Jordan to my automatic buy list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...