Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Theirs to Keep by Maya Banks

Theirs to Keep (Tangled Hearts Trilogy, #1)
Publish Date: October 22, 2012
Trade Paperback {p.229}
Genre: Erotica, Ménage
Series: Tangled Hearts #1
Source: Personal Library
Elle, Merrick Sullivan, Cade Walker
When Cade Walker and Merrick Sullivan find Elle hiding in the cabinet of a gun store, they know they can’t just walk away from the fragile woman with no memory of who she is or who tried to kill her. Merrick is training for the title shot in the heavyweight division as a mixed martial artist and can’t afford distractions, but neither can he turn his back on the woman who tugs at his heartstrings.

Elle feels safe with her two protectors, and the longer she spends with them, the more she realizes that she has no desire to remember her past. Not when it could compromise her future with Cade and Merrick.

Cade has his own set of concerns when it comes to Elle, and it quickly becomes clear to the two men that for the first time in their friendship, a woman is coming between them. But what if they just kept her there? Between them. Where she belongs.
Absolute disappointment.

I've never really been a fan of the whole insta-love, but this one was a bit much. When they first lay eyes on her, their in love. Another major disappointment was the ménage. There was truly no point in it, because the story focused on Merrick and Elle. Cade was just a hanger on with no real purpose to the overall story. That was sad; I felt so bad for him because I didn't feel the love for him from Elle.

There was no true chemistry between any of them, but the author majorly favored Merrick of the two men. The fact that not one of them was even a little bit curious as to who this woman was before trying to rush her down the aisle was totally ludicrous. It never occurred to them that this woman could already be married or could be someone's mother!?! Craziness! It was like they found a lost puppy and claimed it for their own.

I'm a huge Maya Banks fan, as I pre-ordered this book just because it was her, but after reading it, I'm regretting that decision. It was a poor rehash of Colters'. I loved Colters' Woman, but this wasn't the best. With that being said, the characters weren't horrible people, they just had no chemistry between them. And poor Cade, he had no point whatsoever.

2 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...[Reply]

I had the same feelings when I read this book. I feel like the two guys didn't have any real connection with Elle and that it was all just a vague relationship that stemmed from not really anything. I LOVE her other books, but this one didn't do it for me. Did you read her Breathless trilogy? Now those were some good books. Great review :)

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

Tasha said...[Reply]

@Jessica (Peace Love Books)Yes, I've read the first two books of the trilogy, but I've yet to get around to the third. Of those, I preferred Fever over Rush because I didn't care for Gabe's behavior at all in his book.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...