Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery

Title: Finding Perfect
Author: Susan Mallery
Published: August 31, 2010
Publisher: HQN
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 346
Source: Personal Library
Characters: Pia O'Brian, Raoul Moreno
My Rating:

Synopsis:
Pia was your typical popular girl in high school – she made friends easily, cheered on the squad, and had her share of dates with the school jocks. But she’s always had a hard time committing to something, or someone.

So when her best friend Crystal succumbs to cancer, Pia is devastated, but also shocked by the inheritance her friend has left her – her frozen embryos! Pia’s in a quandary. It’s not like she can just throw them away. But is she really capable of being responsible for another human being?

For once, Pia throws caution to the wind and decides to embrace Crystal’s legacy. But as she struggles with her decision, another complication arises that Pia is totally unprepared for. She finally meets the man of her dreams…and her life becomes more confusing than she ever thought possible.
"What do you mean she left me the embryos? I'm supposed to get the cat."

Once again Susan Mallery delivers another heart-warming story! I never expect anything less from her. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, from the other two books in this series, but it never fails that while reading a Fool's Gold novel I want to pack my bags and move there.

In Finding Perfect, Pia has decided to carry the embryos her late best friend Crystal has left to her. While she's struggling to wrap her head around this, Raoul steps up and offers to be her "pregnancy buddy." Pia and Raoul seemed to be the perfect match from the start, but Raoul has trust issues when it comes to women due to a betrayal by his ex-wife. So when Pia breaks the cardinal rule of their agreement by falling in with him, they go their separate ways. But how can he resist Pia? she's strong, loyal, bright, and funny. So Raoul takes Josh's advice and quietly hands over to Pia "his heart, his soul, and his balls."

Oh and Peter! He's such a wonderful little boy who has suffered way too much for such a young age. He added some very tear-jerking scenes to the overall story.

I very much hope to see more of Fool's Gold in the future. I want to see the triplets (Dakota, Montana, and Nevada) find love. And more than that, I want their mother Denise to find love again. I'm hoping Denise's "Max" is her daughter's new boss. If you haven't read a Fool's Gold novel, I recommend that you do. You won't be disappointed.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Susan Mallery said...[Reply]

Thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm thrilled that you loved FINDING PERFECT. Pia and Raoul really were made for each other. They had so much in common. They both triumphed over some pretty tough childhood circumstances. They're optimistic and determined, and they'll have a long and happy life together.

And yes, the triplets' stories are coming next year. Wait until you see what's in store for Denise!

Tasha said...[Reply]

Oh great!! I can't wait to read all about Denise! I just love her...

Anne said...[Reply]

Good review! I already finished reading the first 2 books and I can't wait to read this one! =)

Darlyn said...[Reply]

It really sound almost unbelievable but as I read the review more, I think it is quite unique. Thanks for sharing and highlighting this. I'll add up to my TBR!

Kathy Martin said...[Reply]

These sound great. I'll have to add them to my wishlist. I just loved the quote you chose. Nice review.

Chrissie said...[Reply]

This sounds like the type of book that I would love. It sounds like an amazing premise for a book.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...