Saturday, August 28, 2010

Throwback Review: Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy

Title: Flat-Out Sexy
Author: Erin McCarthy
Published: October 30, 2008
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Format: Trade Paperback
Pages: 274
Source: Public Library
Characters: Tamara Briggs, Elec Monroe
My Rating:

Synopsis:
She met him at the racetrack...

...which was the last place Tamara Briggs wanted to find a man. Even a deeply intriguing, seductively sexy man like Elec Monroe. Tamara's a single mother now after losing her daredevil husband in an accident--and she's not about to get involved with another driver and put her kids, or herself, through that again. Besides, Elec's young enough to be her...younger brother.

Now things are moving a little too fast...

But he sure does get her heart racing. And after she's tricked into a blind date with him, Tamara gives in to her passion. Things screech to a halt, though, when he asks to meet her children. Whatever happened to wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am? Suddenly Tamara has to decide how big a risk she's willing to take to experience the thrilling, terrifying power of true love...

{This book was read in December 2008; This is the review I posted on Goodreads}

Love It! Love It! Love It! Elec and Tamara were smoking hot together! They couldn't seem to keep their hands off each other. Not only was this book steamy hot, it was laugh out loud funny as well. Elec is every woman's dream man; not only is he "flat-out sexy," he's caring, charming, great with her kids, attentive, and a great listener. (If only he was real and not a character in a book. LOL) Everyone has, or wish they had, a friend like Suzanne. She's absolutely hilarious. She and Ryder have an interesting dynamic that I hope will be explored further in a book of their own. I read the snippet at the back of the book which is Imogen (Emma Jean, lol) and Ty's story. From what I read it promises to be another sizzling hot read. I'm impatiently waiting to read it. I got this one from the library, but I definitely will be picking up a copy to add to me "keeper" shelf! Absolutely worth the read.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Janna said...[Reply]

I have this on my ereader and your enthusiastic review makes me want to read it right now! :)
Fabulous job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...