Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play
Jaci Burton
Series: Play by Play #1
Publisher: Berkeley Heat
Publish Date: February 1, 2011
Trade Paperback {p.299}
Source: Personal Library
Genre: Erotica
Characters: Tara Lincoln, Mick Riley
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

The last thing event planner Tara Lincoln needs is the jet-set lifestyle of a football pro like Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand proved that Mick is an all-star-both on the field and in the bedroom.

Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a certified heartbreaker. But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind to catch this sultry vixen.

The Perfect Play took a while for me to warm up to it. I think it was around chapter 13 or 15 before I actually got into it.

Mick and Tara set the sheets, among other things, on fire throughout the entire book. there was loads and loads of steamy sex. They had great chemistry in and out of the bedroom. Although they had great chemistry, they were a bit boring at times.

I enjoyed the fact that Mick wasn't perfect, because from the outside looking in, it sure appeared that way. Both he and Tara had troubled past. I liked Mick from the start, but Tara and I had our moments. Her back and forth attitude became a little annoying, especially near the end.

I adored Mick's family. His mother, father, sister, and brother were such warm, welcoming characters. Elizabeth, Mick's agent, provided me with all the entertainment. I loved her interaction with both Mick and Tara, although I didn't really care for her as a person because of her meddling. I do look forward to seeing how she redeems herself in the next installment.
Book Obsessed

1 comments:

Lauren B said...[Reply]

I agree with your review completely
I really liked Mick but Tara came across was too whiny for me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...