Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: Embrace the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney

Embrace the Highland Warrior
Anita Clenney
Series: Conner Clan #2
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publish Date: November 1, 2011
Mass Market Paperback {p.370}
Source: Publisher
Genre: Paranormal
Shay Logan, Cody Conner
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

When the powerful demon that left Shay for dead discovers her empty grave, he comes seeking retribution, believing she possesses an ancient book he has sought for centuries. Knowing she can't fight the demon alone, Shay returns to her clan and the Scottish Warrior who betrayed her...the only man she's ever loved, where she discovers that betrayal isn't always what it seems. Sometimes it's far worse.
I must start off by saying how much I enjoyed this addition to the series. However, at times I didn't like Shay all that much. Yes they kept things from her, but they were putting their lives on the line for her and she acted so ungrateful at times.

Shay's ex, Jamie, I absolutely loved! I hope he gets his own book and finds happiness. I was constantly torn throughout this book between Cody and Jamie. I knew going in that it was going to be Shay and Cody, but that was before I met Jamie. Is it bad that I fell for Jamie more than Cody? Don't get me wrong, I liked Cody, but I loved Jamie.

I was pleasantly surprised by the addition of vampires in this installment. I don't recall there being vampires in the previous book; just demons and minions.

Each and every one of the characters are so well written and creditable that they come alive on the pages. Even down to the minions. Plus you have strong, sexy men in kilts. What's not to love! This is definitely a series worth getting hooked on.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...