Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: Tall, Dark and Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy

Tall, Dark and Cowboy
Joanne Kennedy
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publish Date: November 1, 2011
Mass Market Paperback {p.377}
Source: Publisher
Genre: Contemporary, Western
Lacey Bradford, Chase Caldwell
Challenge: 100+
Buy the Book: Amazon

Stunned by the discovery that her lux lifestyle was funded by crime, runaway trophy wife Lacey Bradford is desperate to escape from her ex's criminal cronies and start a new life, so she heads west to find an old love.

But rugged rancher Chase Caldwell has changed, hardened by bitterness and loss. The last thing he's looking for is romance with the first woman who broke his heart...

This book is not quite what I was expecting. Lacey needs the help of an old friend from high school, whom she knew had major feelings for and she didn't return them. That right there made me think I wasn't going to be a fan of Lacey's because I thought she was just going to be out to use Chase. It was nice to see I was wrong.

Lacey and I had our ups and downs. At times I liked her, and at others I didn't. with Chase, I enjoyed him throughout. Chase was a great character. Strong, loyal and protective of those he loves. One of my favorite characters though was Annie. Chase's niece Annie, was a major bright spot in this novel.

Chase and Lacey seemed to genuinely care for each other in the end. At first I felt maybe Chase cared more for her than she did for him. The romance between these two was okay but not all that memorable.
Book Obsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...